Re: Samba help.

On 1/29/2017 12:25 AM, R. Ramesh wrote:
I recently upgraded my debian jesse to 8.6. All of a sudden all samba guest access to this box stopped working. I did not update smb.conf file any time before or after. I vaguely remember that there was a flash of notes flying by when samba was upgraded, but do not recall what it is.

BTW, I can mount if I provide an actual valid user with password. Only guest access does not work.

Linux host 3.16.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2 (2016-10-19) i686 GNU/Linux
Samba Version: 2:4.2.14+dfsg-0+deb8u2

Guest access to the following share fails after the upgrade:

[data]
    path = /data
    create mask = 0755
    directory mask = 0755
    public = yes
    browseable = yes
    writable = yes
    guest ok = yes

If it is not too much trouble, please copy me your responses

Thanks

Ramesh

Check to see that smb.conf was not replaced. If it was, the previous version will be called smb.conf.dpkg-dist or smb.conf.ucf-dist. You will have to compare them with your smb.conf file and merge any differences.

-- john