Re: Having scanned set of installation DVDs...

On 01/29/2017 10:26 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 09:17:34AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm tracking down some problems related to chosen install options.
I expect to be making _multiple_ clean installs.
Besides /etc/apt/sources.list, where is information stored after
having scanned the complete set of DVDs.

I wish to store it to a safe location for use after doing EACH clean
install.
TIA

Perhaps there are more places, but the package lists are at least in
/var/lib/apt/lists one file for each source (or mirror). I haven't
packages from CDROM, but I'd assume that they might end up there
as well.

It looks to have everything. I'll discover whether or not it IS everything I need later this week.

Moreover there's a list in /var/lib/apt/cdroms.list containing
references to the CDROMs themselves (what exactly is in there
I can't say, but I'd expect the gory details over there:

  https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_debian_package_management_internals

I think it will be worthwhile to read the whole chapter. Only had a chance to browse its table of contents.

Thank you.