Re: Problem with offlineimap

Leandro Noferini:

> from yesterday I cannot fetch my mail with offlineimap because I get this error:
>
> OfflineIMAP 7.0.12
>   Licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or any later version (with an OpenSSL exception)
> Account sync BBs:
>  *** Processing account BBs
>  Establishing connection to bbs.cybervalley.org:993 (RemotoBBs)
>  ERROR: Unknown SSL protocol connecting to host 'bbs.cybervalley.org' for repository 'RemotoBBs'. OpenSSL responded:
> [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:661)

It appears to me that the server's certificate has expired:

$ openssl s_client -connect bbs.cybervalley.org:993
[…]
subject=/C=IT/ST=TO/L=Firenze/O=CyberValley/OU=Automatically-generated
IMAP SSL
key/CN=bbs.cybervalley.org/emailAddress=lnoferin@cybervalley.org
issuer=/C=IT/ST=TO/L=Firenze/O=CyberValley/OU=Automatically-generated
IMAP SSL
key/CN=bbs.cybervalley.org/emailAddress=lnoferin@cybervalley.org
---
No client certificate CA names sent
Peer signing digest: SHA512
Server Temp Key: DH, 2048 bits
---
Verification error: certificate has expired

> Since offlineimap and server side nothing changed I think the problem would be
> in python but I don't know it and I cannot even file a bug report.

The problem is that the server's certificate _needs_ to be changed.
Maybe it is also possible do disable certificate validation but I
recommend against that.

J.
--
I wear a lot of leather but would never wear fur.
[Agree]   [Disagree]