Re: The connections resets after some time.

Hi again, Henrique.

On 24/01/17 13:37, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

>> It's very weird. The cablemodem does not lose Upstream and Downstream
>> synchronization, but nevertheless I see that the established
>> connections are lost (for example, instant messaging, SSH, or HTTP,
>> to mention a few).

> Are you under any sort of stateful packet filtering device (L3+
> firewall, NAT/CGNAT gateway, anti-virus device)?   Inquire your ISP.
>
> Such devices can _and do_ cause this sort of issue when they hit
> resource limits of any sort (such as going over peak capacity of
> connection setup/teardown rate, throughput, etc), or during failover,
> etc.
>
> It could also be caused by link or routing problems in the ISP
> backbone, backhaul, and even in the Internet border itself (ISP to
> ISP eBGP links).
>
> (...)

I thought about doing a test with MTR. Maybe it could provide some
interesting information. This way I left in a later window an ssh
connection to a server running htop, and a window ahead running MTR.

When the window with htop freezes, MTR shows as a cascade failure from
the cablemodem, turning red the hosts from this (192.168.1.1). This
stays red for about three or four seconds and then goes
back to black.

https://ibin.co/3AMfJ9PYCGJ4.png

When any router turns red means 100% packet loss? Because in the
screenshot this value was not in 100 for the cablemodem on that moment.

What do you think? Will it be a problem with the cablemodem?

Kind regards,
Daniel