Re: gpg-agent spamming syslog

Teemu Likonen wrote:

> If you want to prevent gpg-agent from starting you can do it with this:
>
>     $ systemctl --user mask --now gpg-agent.service gpg-agent.socket \
>         gpg-agent-ssh.socket gpg-agent-extra.socket \
>         gpg-agent-browser.socket

As I was unsure where the syslog error was coming from I was hoping to
localize the problem by stopping gpg-agent.  With the help of others here I
believe have I corrected the problem but I will file this away if I get
problems again.

> See /usr/share/doc/gnupg/README.Debian

 (and your correction /usr/share/doc/gnupg-agent/README.Debian)

> To just prevent log spamming I think this will do it: Create file
> ~/.config/systemd/user/gpg-agent.service.d/logspam.conf with the
> following content (without the four-space indentation):
>
>     [Service]
>     StandardOutput=null
>     StandardError=null
>
> And then:
>
>     $ systemctl --user daemon-reload
>     $ systemctl --user stop gpg-agent.service

Thank you for the suggestion. Systemd seems to have generated some very
large log files recently (previously with lircd).  I find that systemd has a
long learning curve as it isn't as intuitive sysv so your suggestion here
may come in very useful in the future.

Rob