Invocation dependent bug for gdebi-gtk

On 01/27/2017 07:42 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
[snip]
I then tried gdebi-gtk to see if it would be more helpful. Wasn't.
It displayed the same innocuous information as gedebi.
Lead to same general breakage. I'm not sure whether it was my
previous repair experience or a more helpful post-mortem but the
repair was faster this time.

I believe I have *found a bug* in both gdebi and gdebi-gtk.
However I doubt filing a bug report would trigger any action as:
   1. I am restricted to what would be considered "old" as I am
*bandwidth limited*.
      [ that's why I install from DVDs ]
   2. The bug is likely observable only for a narrow set of
circumstances.

In my circumstances, how can I avoid "Breaks: mate-desktop (<<
1.10.2-1~), mate-desktop-common (<< 1.10.1-2)" with a minimal use
of available bandwidth?
I'm assuming I need to be pointed to suitable documentation as an
answer would likely be longer than appropriate for post.

If I double click on the .deb file in file manager I am given option to open with "Gdebi" which results in screen _APPARENTLY_ from gdebi-gtk.

*HOWEVER* it reports missing dependency in bold red letters.
Invocation of gdebi-gtk from command line gave no such warning.