Re: Installing a package downloaded from snapshot - was [Re: Mate error message under Debian 8.6.0]

On Fri 27 Jan 2017 at 07:42:27 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

[...Lots of snipping...]

> The underlying condition that triggered all the "observables" is that the
> .deb in [2] is not compatible with Mate delivered on Debian 8.6.0 DVDs.

[2] is http://snapshot.debian.org/package/mate-desktop/1.10.2-1/#mate-user-guide_1.10.2-1

Very unusual. This is a documentation package and is highly unlikely to
have any complex dependencies. Indeed, the only dependency is yelp.

What does "not compatible" mean? How did you discover this? There are
messages or logs to accompany your experience?

BTW. I've just installed the package on a Jessie GNOME machine.

--
Brian.