Re: Early boot became slower

Mattia Oss wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 08:33:16PM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:

>> > I tried with video=vesafb:off but it doesn't seem to work. I've
>> > recompiled the kernel without vesafb but I get a blank screen (only at
>> > the early phase).
>>
>> Does GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=text in /etc/default/grub help?  Don't forget
>> to run update-grub after changing that file.
>
> Yes as mentioned above this works but I have HUGE characters.
>
>> > I'm open to any suggestion...
>>
>> I usually put the graphics driver in the initramfs to load it as early
>> as possible.
>>
>> # echo radeon >> /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
>> # update-initramfs -u
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. I tried it but still got a blank screen.
> At this point I think I'll stay with GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=text.
> At least it's fast.

I use following in /etc/default/grub as my notebook supports 1024x768 and
1366x768. The later being the native resolution. Perhaps you check with
(ex.: xrandr) what your native resolution is and try it out.

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
GRUB_GFXMODE=1366x768
#GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768x24
#GRUB_GFXMODE=1360x768x8,1360x768
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep

you need update-grub after changing /etc/default/grub.

regards