What in /var/logs shows system reboot?

I'm running Debian 8.6, and looking at old logs.  I'd like to confirm when
the system was rebooted to invoke the newer kernel which fixed
the Dirty COW bug.  With systemd, I'm not seeing the old signs
like the announcement of the kernel version.  If I have a complete
copy of my /var/log from last October, which file will confirm
when the system was rebooted?  I've already tried last -f wtmp
and it didn't show anything.

This should be a simple question but I'm not seeing the usual
stuff like dmesg file activity in /var/log