Re: What in /var/logs shows system reboot?

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 02:12:04PM -0400, francis picabia wrote:
> I'm running Debian 8.6, and looking at old logs.  I'd like to confirm when
> the system was rebooted to invoke the newer kernel which fixed
> the Dirty COW bug.

last | grep boot

or, apparently (according to the man page):

last reboot

> If I have a complete
> copy of my /var/log from last October,

Urghhh.  So it's not on a live system?  It's on a chrooted disk image?
Then I think you need to use:

last -f /some/path/wtmp reboot

where /some/path/wtmp is the location of your chrooted disk image's
wtmp file.