Re: Errors were encountered while processing python3.5 etc

On Sun 22 Jan 2017 at 06:52:15 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> writes:
>
> > The problem seems to be in the python3.5-minimal package. It won't
> > configure.
>
> You'll need to report a bug about that, showing the complete text of the
> session where you run a command and the output leading to the failure.

Sounds about right. I had no trouble with these python packages but the
significance of that escapes me.

> > I would report this as a bug but the problem seems to have rendered
> > the reportbug program unusable.
>
> You can report a bug to the BTS by composing an email message
> <URL:https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting>. The ‘reportbug’ tool is a
> helper program, not a requirement, for making bug reports.

I'd use mail to <submit@bugs.debian.org>. It would be useful if the
first few lines of the mail body were

Package: <whatever>
Version: <whatever>
Severity: normal

Followed by a detailed report.

Reportbug may not be essential; but it is very, very useful. It saves
jumping through hoops to submit a bug report.

--
Brian.