Errors were encountered while processing python3.5 etc

OS Debian Stretch
KDE Desktop

Attempts to upgrade system fails due to errors installing python3.5-minimal, python3.5, python3-numpy, python3.5-venv and python3.5-dev. The problem seems to be in the python3.5-minimal package. It won't configure. I have tried cleaning the cache, using different mirror sites and using apt-get, aptitude and dpkg. I've also tried the -f switch and apt-get. Nothing works. I would report this as a bug but the problem seems to have rendered the reportbug program unusable.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution.

Gary R.