Re: reportbug and remapped "edit"

Le tridi 23 nivôse, an CCXXV, Greg Wooledge a écrit :
> $ (unalias edit; reportbug)
>
> I'd be very shocked if that doesn't work in zsh.

I'd be very shocked if that did anything useful with any shell.

> However, I am still extremely confused about why an interactive shell
> alias (in ANY shell) would affect the operations of reportbug.  Does

Exactly.

> reportbug run "edit" in a $SHELL of the user's choosing after sourcing
> all of the user's dot files?  Or is this some bizarre zsh thing?

Zsh has a ~/.zshenv file that is sourced by all shells, interactive or
not, including script interpreters (#!/bin/zsh), shells started by cron
or procmail, etc. It is very useful for environment and environment-like
(umask, limits) settings. Putting alias in it would be a very very bad
idea, I hope the OP did not do that. But even if that did happen, the
unalias would have no effect, since ~/.zshenv would be sourced again.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George