Re: Installer trases UUID of swap - was [Re: Change of UUID?]

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 09:45:28AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 9/23/2016 11:52 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
[snip]

The Debian installer reformats an existing swap, which means it
gets a new UUID, unless you go out of your way to prevent it from
doing so.

I wish to go out of my way, so to speak.
Can you point me to "the road less traveled"?

My thoughts would be to mark the partition you wish to use as swap as "Do not use" in the installer. Then, on the first boot, add the partition manually to /etc/fstab:

UUID=...	none	swap	sw	0	0

If you then wish to use that swap without rebooting, run "swapon --all".

My environment is a laptop dedicated to installing various configurations of Jessie. It is extremely annoying that only the last installed {and *most likely* to be removed} boots promptly - the other installs having problems with finding an invalid UUID. I gets worse as I occasionally install a system and its intended swap partition to a flash drive - effectively clobbering all installs on the laptop.
TIA

--
For more information, please reread.