Re: How to get Jessie to run at boot time

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian" <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2016 12:38:11 PM
Subject: Re: How to get Jessie to run at boot time
     .   .   .   .

> could install.  So I ask again, this time from a position of being able to install
> and configure  grub , how do I do it, and make it give me a good clean choice of
> OS when I turn my machine on in the morning?
>
> I hope that this is the place to ask; or is there an E-list full of grub experts?

> They'll tell you to reinstall GRUB and run the command 'update-grub'
> from rescue mode. You can ask about this if you are stuck when you get
> rescue mode going.
       Good grief.  I just wrote that I am now logged in to a working jessie.
       So I can run any kind of apt-get, aptitude, etc.

       So I repeat:  apt-cache search grub gives me lots of grub files to install.
       Do I want to install a different grub?  I remember that previously I had lots
       of files in /boot/grub/ .  Now I have just a few, which I gave to you and the
       List in my previous post.

       Again:  are there people with a working dual boot system?  I'd like a response
       from one of them(if they exist here) letting me know how it works, and also:
       what is the content of their /boot/grub/ directory.

Again: TIA.

Alan McConnell