Re: Testing/Unstable Synaptic broken again.

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 19:28:58 -0700
Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/01/2016 09:49 AM, Joe wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 17:05:59 +0100
> > Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:51:57 -0700
> >> Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello Jimmy,

> >> All seems well here;  Synaptic functions normally with Debian
> >> testing/KDE.  Last updated this afternoon.
> >>

> > Me too, amd64, and kernel 4.7.0.1 doesn't boot. Not the greatest of
> > upgrade days...
>

> Joe, I now have that kernel "4.7.0-1-amd64" on 5 systems and no
> problem with the kernel here, just Synaptic.

Everybody's installation is different... 4.6.0.1 boots OK, the new
4.7.0.1 didn't (4.7.2-1 I think), doing some kind of segfault. But I
cleared the cache recently so I don't have the .deb of the previous
4.7.0.1. I'll try again in a couple of days.

--
Joe