Re: The Debian/Ubuntu/Mint installer was Re: (OT kinda) Newly-discovered TCP flaw

On Friday 12 August 2016 19:02:15 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Friday 12 August 2016 16:57:09 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > If that works, I will STFU about their broken installer, if not,
> > that campaign to get it fixed to work with a pre-partitioned disk
> > will continue.
>
> It does in general work with a pre-partitioned disk.  Anyhow it works
> for me, and many others.  We have still not established why it doesn't
> work for you; but you have to admit Gene that since the problem
> appears personal to you, it just MAY be to do with you and not the
> installer????  I agree it may not, but we haven't established exactly
> what you do that is different from the rest of us, so no-one can tell.
>
> Most of the rest of us are sometimes guilty of PEBKAC or, whisper it
> low, and heaven forfend, a senior moment or two (or three). ;-)
>
> Lisi

Shush now Lisi, you're giving away all my secrets. ;-)  The next time I
try, I will have the Official guide to properly setting up a static
network according to the *buntu guru's under my left hand.  Succeeding
in that, then we follow another similar doc I've printed out to try to
make a pre-formatted GPT disk usable without giving up and letting the
installer partition it AND format it to suit itself.  Which usually
winds up with something too small...

I am not always the P in PEBKAC...

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)