The Debian/Ubuntu/Mint installer was Re: (OT kinda) Newly-discovered TCP flaw

On Friday 12 August 2016 16:57:09 Gene Heskett wrote:
> If that works, I will STFU about their broken installer, if not, that
> campaign to get it fixed to work with a pre-partitioned disk will
> continue.

It does in general work with a pre-partitioned disk.  Anyhow it works for me,
and many others.  We have still not established why it doesn't work for you;
but you have to admit Gene that since the problem appears personal to you, it
just MAY be to do with you and not the installer????  I agree it may not, but
we haven't established exactly what you do that is different from the rest of
us, so no-one can tell.

Most of the rest of us are sometimes guilty of PEBKAC or, whisper it low, and
heaven forfend, a senior moment or two (or three). ;-)

Lisi