Re: Chromium jumps to any workspace it likes.......

On Friday 12 August 2016 00:24:37 Charlie wrote:
> Lisi said that Chromium is probably behaving the way it is because
> Windows now uses different viewpoints or desktops or workspaces [I
> wouldn't know which].

They call them desktops!!!  Your "workspaces" was perfectly comprehensible,
and the general point of language is to be understood.  A guess, purely - and
a barely serious one at that.  But it is quite possible, even likely, in view
of the coincidence of timing.

> However I didn't think that Chromium, though the source for Chrome, was
> still mimicking that browser.

It doesn't mimic it.  It is it.  Both are Google.  Chrome is the closed source
proprietary one.  Chromium the open source one, but it is still Google and
gets most of its stuff from Chrome.  As you say, Debian then packages
Chromium, which is a big argument in favour of Chromium.  I *think* that it
is Chrome that is the source for Chromium, and not the other way round, but I
am not sure.

Lisi