Re: wicd trouble [Solved]

On Sat 30 Jul 2016 at 17:21:47 -0600, ghe wrote:

> Fixing ping made everything all better again -- wicd verifies only on static
> wireless configs. There's a question in my mind why anyone would do that,
> but I'm sure it seemed like a good idea to the programmer.

A successful ping is an indication of association between interface and
AP, although there would be other ways of determining this. It says
little or nothing about the state of routing. Whatever is being pinged
needn't have a route to the internet. Which argues for users filling in
netmask and gateway for themselves and having something they can trust,
rather than relying on some iffy wicd method.

Glad you solved your issue, incidentally. Note that if this so-called
verifying had been switched off it would never have occured. :)