Re: Every opportunity taken (Was: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC...)

Adam Wilson wrote:

> If you're referring to the great "should" debate, then this is a pretty
> inaccurate description of what happened. I inadvertently used the word
> "should" as opposed to "it would be better if" (insert other
> non-triggering alternative if it suits), and was promptly jumped by
> everyone for being "intolerant", or "pushy", or some shit.
>
> People should (there it is again!) be free to advocate whatever views
> they want, as well as pursue whatever course of action they may wish
> without all this ridicule from the "open-source" gang- including
> avoiding blobs, or thinking that perhaps, just maybe, non-free software
> is a *bad thing*.
>
> But people should also be free to tell others how to act- it may come
> across as rude, but I don't really care- it is an extension of freedom
> of speech, provided there is no direct physical coercion involved.
>
> "Live and let live" is a touch ironic coming from the very people who
> launch nit-picky attacks like the ones described in the first place.

I like the way you put my thoughts in words. Perhaps we should establish a
club called "really free in open source communities" or something alike.
The Donald Trump way ;)

What helped me most is the definition of similar behavior by a wise man, who
said, "the worst thing is, they think they are morally superior to judge"

regards