Re: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC-J5720DW with cups?

On Sat 12 Mar 2016 at 08:50:49 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> So. Now I'll bite off my tongue and take my ball with me. I'm off
> this thread. I can't bear the overall animosity and poking of
> fun at those who try to put some effort into avoiding binary
> blobs. It reminds me of the poking at vegetarians "now are snails
> vegetables or not?". I thought I left that behind in my teens.

Don't you think there has been a very positive aspect to this thread?
Not just for Jarle Aase's immediate needs but also for present and
future readers of it.

Misconceptions have been cleared up, the OP knows now why he couldn't
print and various byways have been explored. Even the binary blob issue
was treated with robust respect. Of course, people are entitled to
persue freeness and Jarl Aase did explain his position and had it
acknowledged. Others couldn't quite accept why someone should want to
turn down an easy route to printing with proprietary software. That's
all part of life's rich pattern.

Printing was, of course, the objective. There is a solution on the table
which fits the desire for freeness. Jarl Aase appears to be the only
participant in this thread who has access to an AirPrint printer.
Considering the interest which has been shown in his problem  some
feedback would be useful to have. I hope we haven't lost another ball. :)