Re: Bluetooth headphones mistaken for a keyboard!?!

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016, 5:26 AM deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

I think you could fix this with proper udev setup though, but still it
depends and I can not make promises - it could be you need some extra
software

SOLVED -- This link was helpful --> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7872608.html?sid=1ebad1b4456ab28b24e0eb0228f7bcbf

The issue was that I had two instances of PulseAudio running. The first was running as Debian-gdm and the second as my local user. Following the instructions on the above link, I went to Debian-gdm's home directory and created a pulse directory in .config. In there I created client.conf and populated it according to the above link. Reboot the PC, reconnect the headphones, and VOILA. Working perfectly. (Reboot probably wasn't strictly necessary, a restart of GDM would probably have sufficed)

Now I don't know why there were two instances of Pulse Audio running, but I'm loath to believe that it is purely past stupidity on my part, since someone else had the same problem as evidenced by the above link. So there's presumably some legitimate reason why this situation would apply, and I don't know what I will have broken by making this change, but so far nothing I can detect. Anyone with opinions on why stock Jessie would be set up this way out of the box, please comment.

I want to particularly thank deloptes for your time and help, you got me searching along the right lines to find the problem.

Mark