Re: Bluetooth headphones mistaken for a keyboard!?!

deloptes <deloptes <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Mark Fletcher wrote:
>

> > PC is
> > a 7-year-old self-built desktop box running Jessie with Gnome as the DE,
>
> Which version of debian are you on and which kernel?

Thanks for your time and attention. As I mentioned in my original post, I
am running Jessie. The kernel is the stock x86_64 kernel currently in
Jessie. I'm sorry but I'm not in front of the computer right now and am not
sure exactly what version. I last updated last Sunday.

> You may need to tell udev what kind of device it is, but we don't know if
> your system is configured properly

I'm fairly confident in my system configuration since I have been able to
get my system to work as s Pulse SINK for an iPhone and Android SOURCE,
which is reputed to be harder than what I am trying to do here. But I take
your point, no proof there isn't some misconfiguration lurking somewhere.
And I suppose it's possible that I jiggered something up, if you'll pardon
the technical term, when I was getting the iPhone / Android thing working.
I'm not sure HOW to educate udev on a device it doesn't just know -- and
the few google queries on that I have tried so far have left me cross-
eyed...

> I couldn't find any information on that
> head set and linux except that head set is pretty expensive

Yes it's a very nice pair of headphones -- the sound quality is amazing,
and the noise cancellation isn't bad either. And comfortable for spectacle
wearers which not all makers can claim.

> https://lwn.net/Articles/531133/
> http://jfcarter.net/~jimc/documents/blue-music-1504.html

Thanks for these -- I have only been able to review the second of these as
the first is being blocked by my company firewall for some reason. I'll
look at it when I get home tonight. Unfortunately, the second, like
everything I've read on the internet about this problem in the last 24
hours or so, skips over the problem I'm having -- from pairing (no problem)
to connecting (no ERRORS, _probably_ no problem) to configuring / setting
up Pulse (which I don't get to because my system thinks a keyboard just
connected to it, not a pair of headphones).

Mark