Re: best practices for fighting spam with Debian?

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 09:18:11 +0100
Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

> Over time, I've noticed that the quantity of spam getting through my
> Debian mail server has been increasing.
>
> What steps are people taking to minimize the spam problem, especially
> if you are using Debian as both mail server and desktop?

rbl on zen.spamhaus.org stop 99.X%. YMMV
Then IP REJECT in /etc/mail/access to your hearts content.

My aim is to not download anything($$$) unless I want it, so I see spam
assassin, etc are futile after thoughts.

moving towards only accepting mail from whitelisted addresses.