Re: network setup

If all you want is a single wireless connection which is activated when
the machine boots you do not need a wpa_supplicant.conf. Everything can
be done in /etc/network/interfaces. It is the simplest, most hassle-free
and most straightforward way to proceed.

First check that network-manager is not managing the interface you are
going to define in /e/n/i. /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf needs
to have

 [main]
 plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

 [ifupdown]
 managed=false

Also check the wireless interface name with 'ifconfig -a'. Previously
you said it was wlx00c0ca364bd2.

Now, into /etc/network/interfaces put

 allow-hotplug wlx00c0ca364bd2
 iface wlx00c0ca364bd2 inet dhcp
	wpa-ssid whatever
	wpa-psk  whatever

This is all you require in the file.

Reboot or use 'ifup -v wlx00c0ca364bd2'.