Intel Atom Poulsbo, gma500

on an older laptop I try to use Debian testing. In dutch it is called a SkoolMate 3 laptop and I believe it is the same as the Intel ClassMate laptop. Inside there is an Intel Atom N2600 CPU which is also responsible with a PowerVR chip for the GPU.

After a lot of reading about this processor it seems there is an impasse for this chip. It is possible to use this chip with the gma500 kernel module, but 3D hardware acceleration is not available. Intel has made their part opensource and tells the end user to ask the device manufacturer (this is Intel???) or the linux distribution for support [1]. Imagination Technologies (PowerVR) on their side only tells that they make a chip and it is Intel's responsibility to make a driver.

There are older 3D Intel drivers available but unfortunately they are only for Fedora 14, kernel 2.6 and Xorg 1.9

maybe my Google skills are not as good as they should be, but is there anyone who use this chip on a Debian testing computer or know some way to use the 3D hardware acceleration?

thanks,

Floris

[1] https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation/faq