Re: ssh doesn't work.

On Thursday 08 December 2016 04:19:00 EenyMeenyMinyMoa wrote:
> Hi,

> > Random script kiddy attacks are of absolutely no consequence. Annoying
> > perhaps, but no threat whatsoever. In terms of security, changing the
> > port number for ssh does bugger all.
>
> What security risk can changing the port number for ssh cause?

If it does bugger all, it isn't a security risk either.  "Does bugger all"
means that it doesn't do anything whatsoever, so I take it to mean (possibly
erroneously) that: changing the port number does not create a security risk,
but neither does it improve security.  It just introduces unnecessary further
complication.

Not everyone agrees with Brian (I know far too little about it to have an
opinion, but tend to listen to Brian) but I think that is what he is saying.

Lisi