Re: {Debian (>=Jessie)} AND { MultiMediaCard, SD Memory Card, etc}

On 12/2/2016 4:48 PM, Steven Mainor wrote:
I don't know if this helps answer #3 or not. I have ran Debian from a
microSD flash card before but the card reader was attached via USB.

It didn't last very long before the flash card degraded. I think running
an operating system on flash used up the read/write cycles too quickly.
I eventually decided to find another solution. But it may not be an
issue for your use case.

I suspect I can set it up so that the hard disk gets the "volatile" load.
That would be something to determine experimentally.

Hope that is helpful,
       * Steven