Re: systemd-resolved ipv6 resolving issue

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 04:53:38PM +0100, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> Henning Follmann, Fr 02 Dez 2016 15:33:48 CET:
>
> > Why does postfix even try to get the AAAA record. Documentation states
> > actually that if not provided t defaults to:
> > inet_protocols = ipv4
>
> No, the documentation states
> | inet_protocols (default: all)
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#inet_protocols
>
> # postconf inet_protocols
> will show you the value that your postfix actually uses.

OK,
I now force ipv4 by adding inet_protocols = ipv4 and postfix forwards mail
correctly now. However the two test mails were stuck in the queue. Even a
forceful flush did not convince postfix to lookup the smarthost again.
I deleted the two mails from the queue.

Anyway, I still think this is wrong, and I really cannot explain the
behavior. The lookup worked pre systemd-resolved. And actually I still
cannot explain why postfix stopped at the failed AAAA lookup. And I cannot
explain why postfix did not pick them up after I forced ipv4 only.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com