Re: Document and LBC (Was: Debian *not very good)

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 02:02:37PM -0500, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
> On 11/25/16, oldbluebear <nvis@eircom.net> wrote:
> > What is LBC ? I am getting screens of stuff that no longer makes sense.
>
> Never heard of it so I tried a quick search of the Net. Landed the
> potential phrase, "Linux Binary Compatibility". Does anyone know if
> that sounds anywhere near the right ballpark for that acronym?

If you saw his original post, "LBC" is a typo that he made after citing
a boot message that contained "LSB".

"LSB" stands for Linux Standard Base:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Standard_Base

I don't know what LSB has to do with Debian's boot process waiting for
the network interfaces to be configured before proceeding. but that's
the boot message he cited originally, before starting his rant.

A Linux system in 2016 without a working network is basically a brick,
so there should be no shock when the boot process patiently waits for
your network to be configured before bringing up all of the network
services.