Document and LBC (Was: Debian *not very good)

On 11/25/16, oldbluebear <nvis@eircom.net> wrote:

> This time I  find the current Debian as part of the install process has
> created a "Document" where it wants to save any .doc file.  I do not
> want this, I want them on my Desktop from which I move them manually.
> How do I get rid of this action  which I do not want, As I can see no
> simple way to revert to saving documents on my Desktop which is what I
> want; rather what some spotty faced kid has decided i should have.

Please forgive me if I'm not understanding correctly, but are you
talking about the Document directory under our users (e.g.
/home/user-name/ or ~/). If yes, perhaps you can find an option in
your text editing (or other) software to make your Desktop your
default save-to location for that program?

> My desktop is green (eye safe) no pictures to gobble up CPU  everything
> is stripped down so the AMD multi-core CPU is there to  run my software
> not decorate the screen.
>
> Why can yo not provide that, and then for those who choose it let them
> add all the gizmo stuff that eats CPU, rather than wishing that stuff on
> every installation.

Again please forgive if I'm misunderstanding, but if this is something
related to user accessibility, there is a list dedicated specifically
to that topic. It's what they do:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/

> What is LBC ? I am getting screens of stuff that no longer makes sense.

Never heard of it so I tried a quick search of the Net. Landed the
potential phrase, "Linux Binary Compatibility". Does anyone know if
that sounds anywhere near the right ballpark for that acronym?

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *