Re: Package configure problem during Installation.

> On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:

>> httpredir is somewhat deprecated now.
>>
>> The new official service is deb.debian.org:
>>
>> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free
>>
>> But you can use both at the same time to get the maximum coverage, of
>> course.

> Where is it documented that httpredir is deprecated and that we should
> use deb.debian.org's service going forward? Has it been announce
> somewhere?

There has been a thread on debian-devel (I can't find the Message-ID at
the moment) and the latest version of the next debian-installer for
Stretch switched the URL from httpredir.debian.org to deb.debian.org.

> Also, will it work for Jessie or is it more for stretch or later?

It will work a bit more efficient for Stretch+, but it also works as
intended for Wheezy and Jessie.

Grüße,
Sven.

--