Re: Package configure problem during Installation.

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:

>> For these and many other reasons, it is better to use the "mirror
>> redirector service". The idea is to add something like
>
>> deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free
>
>> in the /etc/apt/sources.list and let apt-get figure out the best
>> mirror for you. More details on this approach can be found at
>> http://httpredir.debian.org/ .
>
> httpredir is somewhat deprecated now.
>
> The new official service is deb.debian.org:
>
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free
>
> But you can use both at the same time to get the maximum coverage, of
> course.

Where is it documented that httpredir is deprecated and that we should
use deb.debian.org's service going forward? Has it been announce
somewhere?

Also, will it work for Jessie or is it more for stretch or later?

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog