Re: Dual Boot

Am Freitag, 25. November 2016, 10:15:09 CET schrieb Dan Norton:

Hi Dan,

I have a similar problem with Kali-Linux and Debian. Everytime I upgrade a
kernel in kali-linux (which is on second drive), it overwrites grub on the
first drive.

My solution: I am booting "super-grub-disk-2" (google for it), and from this I
can boot the old grub configuration.

When booted into debian (by using super-grub-disk-2), I am able to reinstall
grub on the first drive again.

You can either use "dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc" or "update-grub" or even just
reinstall the package "grub-pc".

I also tried to use the debian installation cd in rescue mode, but I never get
success. At all, I am really not very happy with debian installation cd in
rescue mode. My favourites are special live rescue  cd's like Trinity-Rescue-
Kit, RIP, Knoppix and GRML.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Good luck!

Hans