Dual Boot

Net install noticed that Windows 7 was present, said it would provide a choice to select it in the boot menu, but failed to do that. The boot menu has Debian Jessie and the advanced boot option. Thinking I must have screwed something up, I deleted the Debian partition and re-installed carefully - same result. I am a Linux novice.

The windows partition can be mounted and files can be copied from it. Hardware is HP 3400 with 1.0 TB and the hardware boot menu states:

UEFI Boot Sources
Legacy Boot Sources
  ATAPI CD/DVD Drive
    SATA2
  Hard Drive
    SATA0
  Network Controller (etc.)

The heading on the boot menu says:

GNU GRUB version 2.02~beta2-22+deb8u1

How can the boot menu be changed to include Windows?