Re: No right or middle click on XFCE desktop after Upgrade from Jessie to Stretch

dmacdoug wrote:

> It is installed and I've tried running it from a shell.  The man page
> says it should be started without arguments, but when I do that it
> says "Failed to parse arguments: Cannot open display:"

I get that message if the DISPLAY environment variable is not set, or if
it's set incorrectly, when I start xfdesktop.  Otherwise, running it
from a shell works fine for me.

Can you start other X-based applications, e.g., xclock, from the same
shell?  What is the output from

  echo $DISPLAY

?

mike