Re: A full /var partition destroyed 3 hours of my life!

Am 15.11.2016 um 06:00 schrieb Borden Rhodes:
> I start blindly casting whatever btrfs spells I can find on the
> Internet to fix 'no space left on device' errors. One of them
> eventually works and df -h correctly reports the free space in my /var
> partition and Debian boots normally again.
>
> My question, therefore, is whether this is a btrfs bug that got
> triggered by the full /var partition or whether Debian is designed to
> break irrecoverably when /var fills up. Any ideas of what happened?

Does anything on the Debian Wiki on Btrfs [1] seem familiar? Other than
that I can only guess, but maybe check the SMART information of your
disk(s) for excessive errors, as it _could_ be that defective sectors
prevent Btrfs from doing it's COW magic.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Btrfs#WARNINGS