Resolvedagain: no sound again!

once again, a reboot (requiring a couple fskings) has brought the sound back.

On 11/13/2016 08:20 AM, Anthony Baldwin wrote:
This is the third time within the space of only two weeks, where one day
I'm happily listening to music on my machine one day. then I wake up the
next and there's no sound!
Neither pavucontrol nor alsamixer show anything muted.
Last time it seems a reboot  (after successfully trying and succeeding to
listen with a livecd system) resolved the issue.
I can't help but think some module is being shut off overnight, but
comes back on at boot. Any ideas?