Re: Not Resolved: no sound again!

On 11/13/2016 02:50 PM, deloptes wrote:
Anthony Baldwin wrote:

Definitely not a new chip...I built this machine in 2010, and It didn't
have such problems with lenny, squeeze, or wheezy, just now with jessie,
probably another thing systemd screwed up? Sorry for top posting but the
gmx web mail isn' t letting me write beneath the message without marking
my response as part of the prior msg to which I am replying.
I'm using webmail from a livecd, because another thing that' s  been
Fscked on this Jessie system is I can never simply reboot, without using a
live cd to check my disk with gparted several times, which I'm doing again
now...Ridiculous...When did "stable" stop meaning "stable" and start
meaning "useless"?

Hi Tony,
there might be many causes for a specific result. It could be that the
kernel supports your audio chip better than your old kernel. To me it looks
like an issue with the configuration - either bios or kernel driver.
Did you have a look in the document - perhaps check the document that
matches your kernel version and heck the driver settings.

I'm sorry, which document?
I didn't understand this path:
Documentation/sound/alsa/powersave.txt
I have no Documentation directory that I can find,
and `locate powersave.txt` shows nothing.

You can eliminate systemd if you boot with init=/lib/sysvinit/init

What do I do, put this somewhere in /boot/grub/grub.cfg, or /etc/default/grub
:wq ... doh! I guess that doesn't work in Icedove!

tony

regards

--
http://tonybaldwin.me