Resolved already: No ffmpeg?, howto convert/extract audio from webmd ,write to ogg?

On 11/01/2016 05:55 AM, maderios wrote:
On 10/31/2016 10:35 PM, Tony Baldwin wrote:

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
I did the requisite googling, and all I find for what I want to do are
instructions for how to do it in Ubuntu with ffmpeg.

Hi
Don't install any ubuntu package, you'll get problems. Ubuntu is Ubuntu,
not Debian...
A good Debian multimedia repository I use for over twelve years is
Christian Marillat repository here:
https://deb-multimedia.org/
https://deb-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/package/ffmpeg

[warning: never use 'http://www.debian-multimedia.org', it's a fake!!!]

I've used debian-multimedia in the past without any trouble, in both squeeze and wheezy.
I would NEVER try to install some Ubuntu crap.
I got ffmpeg from backports and installed it.

Thanks for your continued attention and concern,
but this matter is resolved.

thanks,
Tony

--