Re: Power Cut

On Sunday 30 October 2016 08:03:57 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Sunday 30 October 2016 07:36:23 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I'd also
> > see if natural gas is available at the site, so that a generator can
> > be started when the main power fails.
>
> Gene -  Why only natural gas?  Is this a linguistic matter or
> technical? Why would this not work with say, coal gas, Calor gas
> (which can be at any site) etc..  Why only *natural* gas?  Or is
> "natural gas" US-speak for "gaseous gas" as opposed to liquid gas,
> which you call gas and we call petrol?
>
> Lisi

Thats the common terminology on this side of the pond, to distinguish it
from propane, which can also be used, but propane is normally stored in
high pressure tankage of from 100 lbs to 5000 gallons.  Natural comes
from the well with a bit of debris filtering and would not be used up
until that well network was out of gas, possibly another 100 years.  The
propane tanks contents OTOH, will eventually be used up and will require
refilling.  So we tend to equate "natural" as a continuously available
supply.

So yes, language differences. As has been said many times, Great Britain,
and the USA, two great  countries separated by a common language. :)

Somehow, I get the impression that the OP may be in the back country of
India, but he has not confirmed it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)