Re: Power Cut

On 2016-10-29 23:37 -0700, Hadi Motamedi wrote:

> I am using a debian server for cdr billing and mediation
> device on a remote network. I am experiencing problem that I
> am suspicious it comes from main supply power cut at the
> remote site. The power supply to the remote site comes from
> battery charger that will be automatically switched in circuit
> under main supply power cut but cannot provide adequate power
> for more than 2 hours . I am suspicious that the remote system
> is suffering from many frequent main supply power cut.
>
> Can you please do me favor and let me know if there is any log
> on my debian server that I can check to see if there would be
> many frequent power cut there ?

If you mean reboots, you could try something like

  zgrep ' Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=' /var/log/syslog*

Alternatively, look into commands such as last(1), uptime(1),
utmpdump(1) or who(1).

If you mean power outages short enough to not cause the computer
to shut down or reboot, I suspect you'd need special hardware to
monitor the mains voltage and report variations to the computer.
I don't think your ordinary ATX power supply does that but lots
of UPS do.

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
bugs.debian.org, your one-stop shop for email addresses.