Re: list installed packages present only in stable

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Michael Lange <klappnase@freenet.de> wrote:

> Nice. After these suggestions I hastily put together a small python
> script, that might come close to what Raju wants:
>
> #!/usr/bin/python
>
> from commands import getoutput
>
> allpkgs = getoutput('apt-show-versions -b').splitlines()
>
> jessie = [p for p in allpkgs if 'jessie' in p]
> stretch = [p for p in allpkgs if 'stretch' in p]
> sid = [p for p in allpkgs if 'sid' in p]
>
> onlyjessie = [p for p in jessie if not p in (stretch+sid)]
> for p in onlyjessie:
>     print(p.split(':')[0])

Thanks for the script. But I do not think it does what I want. For
example, currently there is a python3.4 package installed on my
system.

 % dpkg -l python3.4 | cut -c 1-72
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Tri
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-===========================
ii  python3.4      3.4.2-1      amd64        Interactive high-level obje

The output of apt-show-versions does not contain the word jessie. So
it will not get picked up in the "jessie" variable of your script.

 % apt-show-versions -b | grep "\<python3.4\>"
python3.4:amd64 3.4.2-1 installed: No available version in archive
python3.4-minimal:amd64 3.4.2-1 installed: No available version in archive

I think what I need is something that looks against the repository
itself. For example

 % rmadison python3.4
debian:
 python3.4 | 3.4.2-1 | jessie-kfreebsd | source, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386
 python3.4 | 3.4.2-1 | jessie          | source, amd64, arm64, armel,
armhf, i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, ppc64el, s390x
new:

which shows that this package is available only in Jessie but no
corresponding version in Stretch or Sid.

But rmadison itself is slow. So I need something that caches this
information on the local computer for all the packages.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog