Re: WiFi works during install, not after

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 04:16:12
From: tomas@tuxteam.de
To: Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com>
Cc: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: WiFi works during install, not after

Debian already has lots of freedesktop.org stuff in it, so why not add netctl and make dialog package a dependency of it? True you don't get wifi working at start up after install, but a few commands and you make your network profile and are up on the internetwith netctl. To make network profiles you run wifi-menu -o and scan and select networks then key in your passphrase and if all goes well get returned to the command prompt. Then as root or equivalent netctl switch-to `netctl list`. If that command exits with no complaints reboot and you should have internet. The only thing is, if your network runs into problems you'll need to shut the network interface down or no more internet until that's done. You're effectively jammed.