Re: comparing password managers in Debian, synchronizing on multiple devices

Ben Finney wrote:

> I prefer integration to all applications on the desktop: i.e., the
> program should simply place the passphrase in the clipboard, allowing me
> to paste it into whatever form I visit. That covers the browser as well.

I've been using gpg since 2002 and never heard of PassStore or pass or
whatever. But through all those years I used the kwallet and now tdewallet.
Exactly because it is integrated into the system/desktop.

The idea to upload encrypted password on some cloud service is scary , but
perhaps I am a bit old fashioned. Passwords are usually kept in a safe
place. Especially private keys are not meant to be shared .... so I did not
understand what are you doing with your private gpg key? Do you have it
printed on paper?

I think what you are describing is a bit of useless, but a summary of all
password managers and storage systems is still pretty usefull. With my
expect from a debian wiki article. You can save the filtering criteria for
yourself. Let the people decide by providing information on the key
features of each application.

regards