Re: How to get an older emacs on Jessie

> Can this be adjusted to allow me to install via apt-get this package?:
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/emacs23
> My fear is that if I monkey with sources.list I will trigger an unwanted
> dist-upgrade.

dist-upgrade doesn't happen automatically.  So yes, you can add the
above and then do something like

    aptitude update; aptitude install emacs23

If you don't trust APT enough, then you can go the safer/manual route:

    wget ..../emacs23_...deb
    dpkg --install emacs23_...deb

[ Of course, this may fail, for lack of a dependency, which you'll then
  want to wget+dpkg install in the same way, etc...  ]

        Stefan