How to get an older emacs on Jessie

I have a need for an emacs older -- in terms of major version number -- than the ver. 24.4.1 currently onboard my i686 Jessie system. I suspect anything of ver. 23.n.n vintage would suit my purpose, which is to avoid ver 24's fussiness about older elisp code in a -- non-Debian -- package I am not willing to toss into the dustbin at this juncture, to wit psgmlx. Yes, I have brought this issue to the attention of the debian-doc list.

I *seem* to recall Debian maintained an impressive bunch of older emacs debs. I found one such version in the oldstable distribution, but I am loath to point my apt sources list at two distinct distributions.

Here's my current sources.list:

+++

deb http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free deb-src http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main

deb http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ jessie-updates main
deb-src http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ jessie-updates main

+++

Can this be adjusted to allow me to install via apt-get this package?:

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/emacs23

My fear is that if I monkey with sources.list I will trigger an unwanted dist-upgrade.

Best regards,

--
A person of great honour in Ireland (who was pleased to
stoop so low as to look into my mind) used to tell me that