Re: Canon printer minor quibble

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 01:31:03PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Fri 30 Sep 2016 at 20:54:32 +0900, Mark Fletcher wrote:

> > > Why?  MacOSX is Unix based (via BSD) and CUPS is supposed to be common to all
> > > Unices (though I have only used it on Linux and MacOSX).
> > >
> > Precisely, Lisi. Precisely.
>
> The "U" in CUPS officially doesn't stand for anything. The same applies
> to the "C", "P" and "S".

According to whom, Brian? (Apart from you, obviously :) ). According to
the Internet (so it _must_ be true) it stands for Common Unix Printing
System. Are they, and the Gutenprint driver which prints that on its
test pages, just making sh*t up then? (To be fair I don't know which
component creates the test page, but I do know, because I am sitting
here with one about an inch away from my left hand, that when you ask
CUPS to print a test page, it prints that on the test page.)

Mark (who is trying to figure out how Wheezy is going to figure in this
driver install...)