Re: How to get an older emacs on Jessie

On 2016-09-29 14:57 -0400, Marc Auslander wrote:

> I see what you mean.  I must assume that the other packages have
> survived my upgrades from previous versions and are still in my
> package database.  Sorry for the misleading post - it shows I don't
> know how aptitude works :-)

"emacs21" "emacs22" & "emacs23" are in the package list, even on
a new installation but they are "purely virtual" packages.
Attempting to install them with aptitude fails with message "No
candidate version found for emacs##".

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
lists.debian.org, a spammer's favourite.